COVID-19 Preparedness Package
The following herbal medicine information is based upon the herbal protocols that physicians are using in Wuhan, China to treat COVID-19.
I have simplified the protocols to formulas that you can have at home. If you choose to use the formulas, please keep the following in mind:
- This virus attacks the mucosal membrane of the lungs & GI tract. If you are having trouble breathing, please seek out Western medicinal attention immediately!
- The following are herbal formulas are to be taken when symptoms develop, which indicate the stage of the disease.
- The disease progression can happen quickly so change to the appropriate formula.
- Please take all herbal formulas at least 1 hour away from your Western medicines.
- This protocol does not substitute for seeing a doctor; however, early and mid-stage disease states are most likely to not be treated by Western medicine.
- Really push the fluids – broths, foods cooked in water, electrolytes. People dry out very quickly from this virus, which leads to complications.
- You may have symptoms other than what these formulas treat. If so, you may contact me to see if I have a formula on hand to help.
- You may go through the herbs quite quickly because the dosages will be high.
- If you do get sick, I recommend that you follow up with me after because there may be residual damage to your lung tissue that will leave you vulnerable to a co-infection.
I am recommending 5 formulas to have on hand:
(AIRPLANE TRAVEL, ETC)
3 Thunder Pearls 2x/day
2 Perilla Pearls + 2 Lightning Pearls 3x/day
3 Ease Pearls + 2 Lightning Pearls + 1 Fengsui Dan 4x/day
My intention is that people will be able to adequately treat themselves and their family members to leave medical resources available for others in need.
|Herbal Formula||THUNDER PEARLS by Classical Pearls|
Dose: 3 tablets, 2-3x/day
|Supportive Therapies||Gargle twice a day with warm saltwater. Viruses can take 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to propagate and show initial symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation.Drink warm liquids. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling but in the reverse direction. They wash off viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.|
|Supplements||Vitamin C Vitamin AZincVitamin DColostrumPlease let me know if you would like a link to recommended products and dosing.|
|Diet||Higher protein – min. 0.8g per kg body weightSimplify your diet and eat moderately. Avoid sweet, salty and greasy foods. Sweets can encourage the spread of infections and sugar can actually inhibit vitamin C from entering the cells of the body. Salty foods are descending and can expedite the time an exterior condition takes to move inward. Dairy, soy and products made of white flour create excess mucus.Pungent foods are protective: eat radishes, onions, cauliflowers, horseradish and cabbage. Eat raw garlic (half clove, chopped up twice daily with food). Sucking on a raw clove will help prevent soar throats. Garlic is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. Alcohol and caffeine are very depleting. Get plenty of rest. Chronic sleep deprivation can significantly reduce immune function.Balanced physical activity load – reduce workouts. Stress management|
Experiment With These Two Recipes
Sore Throat Paste:
- One tablespoon of pure honey (make sure honey is pure and preferably organic)
- A teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Four cloves of garlic pressed through a garlic press
Take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the paste every 30-60 minutes. Don’t wash it down. The honey will coat the throat, while the cayenne brings blood into the area and the garlic will act as a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral agent.
Home Made Ginger Tea:
- 4 or 5 thin slices of ginger, peeled or just cut off the outer layer
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- Juice from ½ lemon
Bring water to a full boil, then add the ginger and turn the heat down to a simmer to avoid burning. After 10 minutes, pour the liquid in a mug and add honey and lemon. You can simmer longer if you want a stronger tea.
EARLY STAGE – Toxin is entering the Lung
|Symptoms||Low-grade fever or no feverSore throatSlight aversion to coldSensation of heaviness and stiffness in the head and bodyMuscle pain and sorenessFatigueCough with scant phlegmDry mouth with little intake of fluidsPossible oppression of the chest and blockage/congestion in the epigastriumNo sweating or difficulty sweatingPossible nausea and poor appetiteDiarrhea and loose stoolPale red tongue with a white, greasy coatingPulse: floating, slightly rapid|
|Formula||2 Perilla Pearls + 2 Lightning Pearls 3x/day|
|Directions||First three days, dose high: 5-6 tablets, 3x/dayAfter three days: Gets better – Reduce to 3 tablets, 3/dayGETS WORSE: Move to next formula|
PROGRESSION – Pathogenic Heat in the Lung
|Symptoms||Fever, elevated body temperatureCoughChest oppression with pantingPoor appetiteFatigueConstipationThirst|
|Formula||3 Ease Pearls + 2 Lightning Pearls + 1 Fengsui Dan 4x/day|
|Directions||First three days, dose high: 5-6 tablets, 3x/dayAfter three days: Gets better – Reduce to 3 tablets, 3/dayGETS WORSE: Go to the hospital.|
|Supplements||Laxative, as needed for constipation. This is important!|